I love Dr. Leedy he is very nice and knows exactly what he is doing. I couldn’t be more proud of my decision and results highly recommend especially if your going for a natural look.
Welcome to a transformative journey toward satisfaction with our expert breast implant revision surgery services in Cleveland. At the renowned Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute, we understand that every individual’s breast augmentation journey is unique, and sometimes, revisions are necessary to achieve the desired results or address changes over time. Our top-tier plastic surgeons specialize in breast implant revision procedures, offering unparalleled expertise, personalized care, and natural-looking outcomes. Whether you seek to enhance or adjust a previous breast augmentation, correct complications, or update your implants to align with your evolving aesthetic goals, our dedicated team is here to guide you every step of the way.
What is breast implant revision surgery?
Breast implant revision is a surgical process of either replacing or removing silicone or saline implants. You may choose to revise your original implant results for many reasons, but the treatment objective remains the same – to achieve beautiful, natural-looking breast contour and proportions in relation to the body.
Breast Implant Revision
before & Afters
This patient had a previous breast reduction years ago by a different doctor. She presented wanting a nice breast shape. I performed a...View More
This patient had a previous breast augmentation with lift by a different doctor. She presented with a desire to have a nice, slightly fuller...View More
Abdominoplasty and Explant/Implant Silicone Implants with Buttock AugmentationView More
The most frequently asked questions about breast implant revision
Whether you are interested in correcting a complication or have simply experienced a change of heart about the shape of your implants, you may be a good candidate for breast implant revision.
- If you have concerns about the structural integrity of your breast implants and are in good general health, you may be a good candidate for revision.
- If you prefer to change your breast implants to enlarge or reduce your current shape and are in good health, a revision procedure may be ideal for you.
This is a highly detailed and relatively complicated surgery in comparison to initial enhancement procedures. When performing revision, one must be mindful of the condition of the skin and changes caused by earlier surgery.
Breast implant revision may address a number of concerns or goals like:
- Downsizing. Due to changes in preference or a desire for improved physical comfort, some women choose to replace larger implants with smaller ones. To achieve the best results, a breast lift may be recommended for you alongside your implant replacement.
- Capsular contracture. The body naturally forms a capsule of scar tissue around breast implants. In some patients, this capsule thickens and becomes tight around one or both breast implants. To correct this condition, the capsule around the affected breast implant may be removed and may also be replaced or repositioned near the chest muscle to achieve the best results.
- Rippling. This breast augmentation complication is more common in women who are very thin and ripples in breast implants are visible on the skin. To correct this, you may consider options like fat grafting, the use of scaffolding material, or a reduction in the size of breast implants.
- Bottoming out. This occurs when the breast implants have dropped significantly in relation to the position of the nipples.
- Breast implant rupture. Replacement or removal must be done if an implant ruptures or leaks.
Your recovery period may be similar to the initial enhancement procedure. You will be advised to take it easy for at least a few days and up to a week. Prescription pain medication may be needed for two to three days while your postoperative discomfort is most intense. As inflammation and soreness decrease, you may switch to an over-the-counter pain reliever to sustain comfort. Be sure to avoid strenuous exercise and lifting objects that weigh more than a few pounds for several weeks.
There are many reasons for choosing to remove your implants rather than replace them. Each is very personal. Examples include:
- Aesthetic preferences have changed
- Desire to improve physical comfort
- Desire to correct a complication such as rupture or capsular contracture
- Interest in ruling out implants as contributing factor to health problems
- Need to remove implants for breast cancer treatment
There are risks associated with any kind of breast enhancement procedure. The difference with breast implant revision is that, due to scar tissue and other changes, some of these risks may be elevated. The risks of breast implant revision include:
- Blood clot
- Excess scar tissue formation leading to capsular contracture
- Hematoma or seroma (build up of blood or fluid beneath the skin)
- Loss of nipple sensation
- Anesthesia risks
- Implant rupture
- Poor cosmetic outcome