From start to finish, Dr. Leedy and his staff did not disappoint! Dr. Leedy and Annie guided me through the process and answered all of my questions without hesitation (even my neurotic ones). The day of surgery, I was SO nervous and one of the staff members hugged me and assured me everything would be ok. From that hug to the anesthesiologist holding my hand to Dr. Leedy making himself available on the weekend for a follow-up, I cannot recommend this practice enough for any of your needs. I am ecstatic with my results and stop to stare every single time I walk past my reflection.
As you get older, the face and neck are two key areas that tend to give away your age. For many patients, plastic surgery provides multiple possibilities for looking young again.
The facelift may be the first thing you think of when we talk about plastic surgery. For board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jason Leedy, it is very important for each patient to understand that facelift surgery (and the frequent complementary procedure the neck lift) is never one-size-fits-all.
To explore your full facial surgery options – including facelift, neck lift, and more – please call 440-461-6100 to schedule your initial consultation at Cleveland Plastic Surgery Institute. We serve patients in Cleveland, Akron, Chagrin Falls, and nearby areas of Ohio.
Is a Facelift Right for Me?
As with any plastic surgery procedure, you need to be in good health before getting a facelift. If you smoke, you will need to quit at a designated point before the procedure (as specified by Dr. Leedy) and refrain from smoking throughout your recovery period.
You may be a candidate for facelift surgery if you have the following concerns:
- Your cheeks, chin, and other features have started to droop
- Pronounced lines are forming between your nose and mouth (nasolabial folds
- You have jowls developing along the chin
- Your skin has started to lose volume
- You have excess fat deposits in portions of your face
A facelift is not meant to make sweeping changes to your face. It is important to have realistic expectations before undergoing the procedure.
before & Afters
The most frequently asked questions about facelifts
After determining your goals for facelift surgery, Dr. Leedy can discuss the techniques he may use. What you want to accomplish will partly influence the optimal procedure option in your case:
- Traditional facelift: Dr. Leedy begins the incision at the temples and moves down the side of the face before turning at the earlobe and ending at the base of the hair. After making the incision, Dr. Leedy will tighten tissue, remove fat, and then reposition the skin to complement the new shape.
- Mini facelift: Using shorter incisions, Dr. Leedy can selectively revitalize problem areas of your face. Mini facelift surgery is less invasive than the traditional facelift, and it may be performed with a local anesthetic instead of general anesthesia.
- Mid-face lift: The principal goal of lifting the mid face is to enhance the cheeks. During cheek lift surgery, Dr. Leedy will focus on sculpting fat and tissue so your cheeks look plump and youthful. The cheek lift has added benefits in that it complements the space around the eyes.
- SMAS facelift: Also called a “deep-plane facelift,” the SMAS lift involves repositioning the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS), which restores your face’s deeper soft tissues and adds youthful contours to your cheeks.
Many of these techniques can be combined with a neck lift to provide comprehensive rejuvenation.
Folds and jowls in the neck are difficult to miss. A neck lift revises the tissue and fat beneath the skin to provide a more youthful appearance.
If Dr. Leedy recommends neck lift surgery by itself to address your aesthetic issues, the incision (and subsequent scarring) may be confined to discrete areas around the ear. Dr. Leedy can also perform a single continuous incision if you opt for a combination neck lift and facelift.
For patients who decide on a facelift and/or neck lift, the benefits are more than just cosmetic. Dr. Leedy considers it a privilege to be a part of your transformation, and he is committed to helping you attain results that are individualized to your unique look.
Benefits of these facial surgery procedures often include:
- Better self-esteem
- Greater comfort in social situations, especially around younger people or those lucky enough not to be showing their age
- Improved confidence in the workplace
- More flexibility with your wardrobe and makeup routine
- Looking as young as you feel